Saturday 6 July 2013

My First Official Project


It has to start somewhere doesn't it? I've already explained to you up until now how it has gone for me. To be honest, even though I was rubbish for a bit, I was quite happy to keep going and already pretty addicted. Ha.

You've probably noticed I had a bright yellow wool to practice with. Funny story - this was actually a mistake, my intentions were orange and I bought the wool online. When it came through in the post I was slightly surprised by how unlike orange the colour was.

But since it was just practice wool, it didn't seem to matter.

Lets go back 5 months and it was winter time - which is hard to imagine in Britain - as this post is going out we are experiencing a freak heat wave. Crochet is great  at winter because of all the obvious things, scarves hats.... And gloves.

Yes my first project was gloves! It was because I was strolling through YouTube and they looked so nice... I had to do it.



So I practiced first with my bright yellow wool, and my mum witnessed this magical creation where something actually went right. As my first ever customer she bought wool that she liked and  I made her a pair of gloves.

Amazing.


Actually though, the response from her and family members was quite positive. That's part of the addiction in crochet, you become this super hero who can, in my case, make gloves.

I won't take all the credit though - here is the video I followed!



I recommend this "youtuber" a lot because she makes it really simple - even though it has a double crochet foundation! (I think, ha ha still learning names) This is a lot different to just a chain foundation and has led me to inspiration to other projects that I will show you soon!

Such a great gift idea, because you can adapt it to how they want, and for my mum she wanted long gloves but you can make them short like with the yellow wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment